||UUC Stewardship Campaign:
What do you value most about what we have here at UUC? Is it the simple act of coming together each Sunday and sharing in worship and spirituality? Or the many and varied youth and adult programs? Our social action/social justice work? Maybe it’s Lay Pastoral Care, our Mental Health Justice Ministry, or our Caring Network? Or our beautiful building and grounds? And let’s don’t forget the terrific music! Whatever it is that keeps you coming, it shares at least one important feature with all the many experiences that keep us excited and involved: all cost money.
Each year the Stewardship Committee asks congregants to renew their commitment to help sustain and grow our “church” to support all of these programs or ministries, staff, and infrastructure needs that are so necessary to who we are and hope to become. The Stewardship Committee is now gearing up for the 2018–19 pledge drive. Below are some important points of emphasis:
- Our theme this year is “25+1” to commemorate the 25th anniversary plus 1 year of being in our current building.
Read More about 25+1 and the pledge campaign in the 2018–2019 Stewardship Brochure.
- We will hold one-on-one stewarding with the addition of a few group meetings hosted by stewards. Stewards will contact congregants and request a time to get together to discuss UUC finances and how we can support our mission and vision, to ask for pledges, and to get feedback on any issues you want to bring up. The steward who contacts you will ask if you prefer going to one of the small-group meetings. If you know already that you prefer a small-group meeting,you can sign yourself up using this online form.
- The scheduled small-group meetings are:
- Sunday, April 15, UUC Library, 11:30–1:00. Contact Andy Roberts.
- Thursday, April 19, Home of Darrell Clowes (2164 Blue Jay Lane) in Warm Hearth Village, 3:00–4:30 p.m. Contact Darrell or Arthur Snoke.
- Thursday, April 19, Shadowlake Village Common House, 7:00–8:30 p.m. Contact Joe or Linda Powers.
- Sunday, April 22, UUC Library, 11:307:00–8:30 p.m.1:00. Contact Joe or Linda Powers.
- Sunday, April 22, Warm hearth Village Karr Center, 3:00–4:30. Contact Arthur Snoke.
- Important Dates:
- April 8 Kickoff
- April 29 Campaign ends with a delicious Sunday Sundae Ice Cream Social following the service.
- May 20: Informational Meeting
- June 3: Congregational Meeting
How Do I Pledge?
At any time during the year, you can also make a pledge online:
Alternatively, download a pledge card, fill it out, and put it in the box in the foyer or mail it to UUC, PO Box 10116, Blacksburg, VA 24062-0116. Please make out checks to “UUC”.
Pledge payments can be made via our secure Vanco online account, directly from your checking or savings accounts through your bank, or by personal check.
Anticipating possible questions and concerns members and friends might have about making a pledge to the UUC, the Stewardship Committee has put together the following information sheets:
For information about the UUC budget, go to the UUC Finances Web page.
Stewardship 2018: From the Pulpit
- On April 8, Rev. Pam led the service that had the theme Celebrating the Past, Committing to the Future, which was based on our &ldqup;25+1” theme. The service includes a slide show. The podcast introduction explains how the podcast and slide show are related. Links: Service Podcast | 25+1 Slide Presentation (PDF file that loads slowly).
- April 15: Rev. Pam interviewed several congregants whose involvement with the congregation date back (at least) 26 years. She recorded the sessions. Here are some of the thoughts that were shared about then and now.