The Story of God
Who is God?
Where did we come from?
Why does evil happen?
What happens when we die?
Every human being on earth has asked themselves these questions at some point, and most likely each person has found a different answer.
National Geographic’s series, The Story of God with Morgan Freeman, takes viewers on a trip around the world, speaking with people of faith, exploring theological questions, and discovering what unites the world’s religions.
Each class will focus on a single topic and include the viewing of a 40 minute episode, followed by discussion. Come learn how different religions view the answers to life’s big questions.
No particular ideology is advanced in this series.
- Beyond Death—explore how different religions past and present explain what happens after we die
- Apocalypse—the prophecies of violent cataclysms and the strife of ages past, and making an attempt to determine how the world will end.
- Who is God? – the quest to discover who God is and how he, she or they have evolved over human history.
- Creation—exploring where we came from and what happened in the beginning.
- Why Does Evil Exist? – the attempt to understand the root of evil and how ideas of it evolved.
- The Power of Miracles—how our belief in miracles can shape our understanding of God.
Check the UUC calendar for class dates and times.
Want to learn more about world religion?
Join our moderated Facebook Discussion Group on world religions topics.
Visit our online Adult Faith Development class on world religion.
Join our middle schoolers as they visit other places of worship this year as part of the Building Bridges curriculum.